We’re looking forward to the future.
Bendigo Kangan Institute was established in 2014 by the merger of two TAFE institutes – Bendigo TAFE and Kangan Institute – and two related service providers – VETASSESS and eWorks. The organisation is one of Victoria’s most prominent vocational training providers. In 2016, Bendigo Kangan Institute provided training to over 32,000 students in health and community services, environment and primary industries, hair and beauty, creative industries, trades, automotive, professional industries and foundation studies. Through VETASSESS, we also provided almost 30,000 skills assessments, while eWorks supported over 87 e-learning customers and hosted digital content used by over 115,000 users.
Training is delivered online, on-site and on campus at ten locations across Melbourne and north-central Victoria – Broadmeadows, Essendon, Moonee Ponds, Docklands, Richmond, Bendigo (three campuses), Echuca and Castlemaine.
At Bendigo Kangan, our purpose – the reason we exist – is to empower people and industry with the skills to create a bright future. Specifically, this means:
- Helping people develop in-demand skills and pathways to life-long career success.
- Helping industry build a productive workforce to meet today’s challenges and create tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Inspiring each other to deliver outstanding customer experiences and a sustainable future.
- Working with our partners and community to enable learning for all.
Consistent with this purpose, our vision is ‘100,000 pathways to the future’. This means that, in 2020, Bendigo Kangan will:
- Help 100,000 people take the next step in their careers.
- Help industry plan and build the workforce of the future.